The biggest question the team gets asked here is, “What does it take to get on an advertising deal?” It’s simple, follow these four steps and you’re 75% of the way there.
All podcasters must have a Blubrry account with their program listed in our directory.
Step 1: Watch the video below to better understand the process of creating advertising deals and the typical timeline. This would also be a great time to sign up for an account with Blubrry and sign up for our free statistics. Your show will not qualify for an ad deal if you are not. We must be able to rely on our data, which excludes third-party stats.
Step 2: Next up you need to fill out an advertising survey. It’s quick and easy and it gives us the info we need to match your show with a campaign. 50% of deals are not available if you do not complete the survey. Update the survey every quarter. You then need to also run the audience survey. This helps us close the loop on your audience demographics. The example below shows how fast it is to take our audience survey.
Step 3: Next is on us, we take your information and move forward finding available deals. We will chose multiple campaigns and deals for you to choose from. You are not obligated to accept any offer that we make. When you accept, simply add the campaign lines to your show.
Step 4: Lastly, and most importantly, earn money. We’ll handle working with the advertising company and get your payments to you, making it as simple as possible.
Some Extra Great First Steps:
- Make sure you monitor daily your Blubrry user email account for our mailings.
- If you have had a sponsor before, create sample ad clips and make them available to download.
- Make a compelling show promo 60-second spot and make it available to download.
- Make sure your website is presentable to an advertiser. (Your own .com)
- Work on your site branding.
- Have fantastic album art.
- Have an email contact on your home page.
- Have a means to listen to your podcast on your home page.
- Make sure your website can accept IAB standard banners.
- Have an iTunes and RSS subscription feed on your home page.
- Keep your shows as advertiser friendly as possible.
Every day more advertisers are entering the space, and there are always limited total dollars being spent. Keep your show in the running — have your show advertiser ready.
- Only podcasts that are signed up as members of the Blubrry community or work with our partner networks are eligible for our ad deals.
- We negotiate and present for your consideration one ad spot for your podcast.
- You have the right to refuse any spot / campaign that you don’t want to run in your podcast.
- We do not guarantee an ad deal for every podcast, but we certainly try hard to provide as many opportunities as possible.
- Payments for ad deals are laid out in an official offer and are usually based on either a Cost Per Thousand (CPM) impressions or Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) basis.
- For CPM ad deals you must use our free stats.
- Payment for ad deals typically takes 8-12 weeks from the end of the campaign month. This allows both sides to gather data, confirm final settlement, mail checks and resolve any disputes.
- Requirements on campaigns will be laid out clearly via our Advertising Campaign Management System, which will be made available when you are invited to an advertising campaign.