PowerPress 6.0 beta 1 released on Friday, September. 26, 2014
New PowerPress Features
Version 6.0 includes a number of new features and updates. New features include:
- Podcast Subscription options
- Subscribe to podcast sidebar widget
- Create Subscribe page and corresponding subscribe page shortcode `[[powerpress_subscribe]]`
- Subscribe links (for podcast feeds, channel feeds, post type podcast feeds and podcast category feeds) below each media player and links.
- Podcasting SEO settings
- Playlist player based on the audio playlist built into WordPress (learn more about the PowerPres Playlist Player)
- Updated to latest 2014 iTunes podcasting specifications
- Plus a number of improvements and bug fixes
Note on Podcast Subscription Options
These features are to help encourage web visitors to subscribe to your podcast. Start by going to the PowerPress settings “Media Appearance” tab. Configure the fields labeled “Subscribe Links” and “Subscribe Page”. Under the “Subscribe Page” option, click the link “Create a subscribe page from Template”, it will create a new static page using our recommended template with the [powerpress_subscribe] shortcode. Do not forget to click “Save changes”!
Once configured, your subscribe page will be linked to both below your players and in your subscribe to podcast sidebar widget.
We recommend editing the new subscribe page, modifying the language in your own words and context. If you have a search engine strategy, you may want to configure the subsribe page with the meta robots content set to noindex.
This is beta software and should be treated as such. Don’t forget to backup before your start!
Requirements and Download
PowerPress 6.0 requires WordPress version 3.3 or newer. WordPress 3.8+ is recommended.
Note: PowerPress will be detected as version 5.0.9 within the WordPress plugin management pages. This is not an error, we cannot implement the official version number without the beta becoming a release. You should see the beta version at the bottom of the PowerPress settings pages to confirm that you have the beta version installed.
Please email (powerpress [at] rawvoice dot com) to report bugs. Attachments, screenshots and code changes are welcome. If you do screen capturing, please use a service such as Google Drive to upload and share the video.
Again, thank you for checking out the new version of PowerPress!