Submit your podcast to Spotify, a digital music, podcast and video streaming service with over 140 million users worldwide. As a Spotify partner, Blubrry hosting customers who meet all the requirements highlighted below can use our exclusive form to expedite podcast submission to Spotify.
Requirements to add your podcast to Spotify
- In order for Blubrry to expedite the submission of your podcast to Spotify, you must be a current Blubrry Podcast Hosting customer.
- Mp3 audio format: Spotify requires all audio to be in ISO/IEC 11172-3 MPEG-1 Part 3 (MP3) audio with bitrates between 96 and 320 kbps. In other words, an audio mp3 file with good quality audio.
- Audio file size: Each episode cannot exceed 200MB in size. 200MB is approximately 83 minutes at 320Kbps or over 200 minutes at 128Kbps.
- Podcast artwork image: Podcast artwork must use a square (1:1) aspect ratio in the highest resolution available. Accepted formats include PNG or JPEG.
- Podcast feed values: Special characters, especially the ampersand (&) character must be HTML encoded (&). HTML tags such as <p> or <bold> will be removed by Spotify. Consumer-facing fields such as the episode title should not exceed 20 characters to ensure a good fit on all Spotify screens.
- Podcast feed fields: All podcast feeds must have a title, image and at least 1 episode to qualify.
Add your podcast to Spotify
If not already signed in, sign into Blubrry. Then navigate to the Podcaster Dashboard. From the Destinations section, select Get on Spotify. The Spotify application will require your podcast RSS feed URL to continue. In addition, you must specify your home territory (country of origin) as well as the primary iTunes category for your podcast. Once you have provided the required information and agreed to the Spotify terms of service you can submit your application.
The process can take a few days for your show to appear in the Spotify podcast directory once your podcast is approved.
Spotify is not accepting shows that contain copyrighted music or material.