Blubrry has an Amazon Alexa skill, MyCast, that provides a voice interface on Amazon Echo devices and plays podcasts hosted by Blubrry. The Amazon Echo family includes: Echo, Dot, Show, Spot, Plus, Look, and Connect. Read below to learn how to enable MyCast on your Amazon device.
How to Enable MyCast on Your Echo Device
- On your Alexa App, go to the menu and select Skills. Or, go to the Alexa Skills store on the Amazon.com website.
- Search for MyCast, select it to open the skills detail page.
- Select the Enable Skill option.
How to Use MyCast
There are two ways to play a podcast from MyCast. Try out both methods and figure out which one works best for you.
The first way is a two-step process. First, get started with MyCast and, second, tell MyCast to search for the podcast you’re looking for.
- “Alexa, open MyCast.”
- “Search for The Mom Hour.”
The second way is to tell Alexa to find the show as you open MyCast. Keep in mind, you cannot pause your speech when you ask Alexa to do both steps, otherwise, she will not understand.
- “Alexa, open MyCast and search for The Mom Hour.”
Actions During Podcast Playing
Below are the capabilities available once Alexa is playing a podcast.
“Alexa, stop.” Stop playing the podcast.
“Alexa, pause.” Pause playing the podcast.
“Alexa, resume.” Resume playing the podcast.