To move your media to Blubrry from Libsyn, follow these steps:
- Keep your Libsyn account active until you are done with the migration steps below.
- Set up your show listing at Blubrry by logging in and using your OLD RSS feed from Libsyn (if you are not listed on blubrry.com already).
- Start your Blubrry hosting account at http://create.blubrry.com/resources/podcast-media-hosting/.
- NEW! Podcasters aiming to migrate their shows to Blubrry can do so in a simple, three-step process:
- Request migration
- Wait for migration to complete
- Update the site with with just one click
By design, the system migrates each file linearly; this is optimal for podcasters who are currently hosting their media on their website or with a service that cannot serve multiple files at a time. Depending on the source, the process could take a few minutes to a few hours. Once completed, the website and podcast can be updated to the new media URLs with just one click.
OR if you are not using PowerPress
- Navigate to blubrry.com and log in. Go to “Manage Account.” Select your show from the green pull-down menu.
- Select “Content” and click on “Migrate Media.” This process is automated but will take a day or two to complete. You will be notified when the media has been moved over. We will move up to 10gb of your media and it will not count toward the monthly upload quota of your hosting plan.
- Once all your media is migrated, redirect your Libsyn feed to your new Blubrry feed or to your PowerPress Podcast-only feed.
Redirecting your Libsyn feed:
- To redirect your Libsyn feed, log into your Libsyn account and navigate to “Destinations.” Click on the “Edit” button (green) next to “Libsyn Classic Feed.”
- Click on “Advanced Options” at the bottom of the page. Scroll down to where it says “Redirect feed to this Web address.” This is where you put your blubrry.com feed or your PowerPress podcast-only feed.
- Be sure to click the green save button.
- IMPORTANT After you are done with this, test the redirect by typing your Libsyn feed address into a browser and make sure the address changes to the feed address you are now using.
- You will need to update the media links on your own website. If you are using WordPress + PowerPress we have provided a tool called “Find and Replace Media” that will allow you to quickly update all your media links. If you are not using PowerPress, there is a great WordPress Plugin that is called “Search and Replace.”
- We strongly suggest you back up your WordPress database before you change over the media links.
We suggest you leave your Libsyn account active for at least 30 days to make sure the feed redirect propagates to all your subscribers and services such as iTunes and Stitcher.