Get Started Quick-Start Guide
If you are just getting started or feel overwhelmed with all the settings and options, PowerPress 8.2 introduced a new Get Started quick-start feature to guide you through the entire setup process. Once completed, you can always dig into more of the settings available.
PowerPress Key Features
- Full podcasting support: Adds compliant podcast feeds to your WordPress site that work in all of the most popular podcast apps and directories.
- Integrated HTML5 Media Players: Audio/video web players with embed support from sites such as YouTube.
- Subscribe tools: Create a subscribe page with our exclusive subscribe shortcode embed and subscribe sidebar widget optimized for responsive websites, high-resolution screens and Apple Retina displays.
- Podcasting SEO: Improve discovery of your podcast on search engines such as Google, and with the Apple Podcasts podcast directory.
- Podcast Importing: Import your podcast from SoundCloud, LibSyn, PodBean, Squarespace, or other podcast RSS feed.
- Migration Tools: Quickly migrate from PodPress, TGS Podcasting, Seriously Simple Podcasting, Blogger, or Movable Type without losing episodes.
- Multi-Podcast Support: Create separate podcasts by category (Category Podcasting), by media format (Podcast Channels), post type (Post Type Podcasting), and taxonomy (Taxonomy Podcasting).
- *Media Statistics: Get FREE Blubrry Media Statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Multi-languages and locales: See PowerPress in your language for details.
Integrated Media Players
Blubrry PowerPress includes extensive web player options to display your podcast audio and video in your web pages.
- Audio players: Pick from MediaElement.js, native HTML5 audio, or the Blubrry Audio Player (available only to Blubrry Hosting customers).
- Video players: Pick from MediaElement.js, native HTML5 video or VideoJS.
- Post positioning: Position player above or below your content.
- Player shortcode: Place the player exactly where you want by adding the shortcode directly into your post content.
- Playlist player shortcode: Include a playlist of your latest podcast episodes utilizing the shortcode in any page or post. An example of the playlist player is available at the bottom of the subscribe to Podcast Insider page.
- Embeds: Add embeds from sites such as YouTube.
- Links: Provide download, play in new window, and embed links.
- Audio formats supported: MP3, M4A, OGA (OGG audio), OPUS
- Video formats supported: M4V, MP4, WEBM, OGV (OGG video).
Integrated Subscribe Tools
A Blubrry PowerPress exclusive! Podcast subscription tools help you convert web visitors into podcast subscribers. Subscribe options include:
- Subscribe page: Instantly create a subscribe page with simplified instructions on how to subscribe to your podcast using the PowerPress subscribe page shortcode.
- Subscribe page shortcode: Add the shortcode to include a mobile-device optimized subscribe embed in any post or page that includes buttons to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Subscribe on Android, Subscribe by Email, via RSS, Spotify, Stitcher, and more. It also includes a special textbox to easily copy and paste your podcast feed into any podcast application. Example:Subscribe toBlubrry Podcasting - Podcast Hosting, Statistics, WordPress Hosting, Syndication Tools and Directory
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
Subscribe to Podcast Insider
- Subscribe sidebar widget: Mobile device optimized sidebar buttons to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Subscribe on Android, subscribe by RSS, and a “more subscribe options” button linked to your podcast’s subscribe page.
- Subscribe links: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Subscribe on Android, subscribe by RSS and a link to your custom subscribe page below every player.
- Retina enabled: Subscribe button images optimized for high resolution displays including Apple Retina displays.
- Responsive: Subscribe tools are designed for any screen and optimized for touch screens by providing custom buttons that are at minimum 48 pixels in height.
Integrates with Blubrry’s Services
Make your life easier by adding our FREE or paid media hosting and statistics services to streamline your podcast productivity.
- Quickly access your Blubrry media download statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Publish Blubrry-hosted media directly from your blog.
- View Blubrry Hosting usage quota from your blog.
- Configure how Blubrry writes media (ID3) tags within PowerPress settings.
- Migrate all of your media to your Blubrry Podcast Media Hosting account with just a couple clicks.
The Blubrry basic statistics service is FREE. Our Professional Statistics Service, which includes RawVoice Certified Statistics, U.S. downloads, trending and exporting, is available for $5/month. Blubrry Media Hosting packages start at $12/month and include the Professional level stats.
Features for those who need more
Want more? We’ve got more! With a simple click you can see additional features and options not available during the Get Started quick setup. Check out some of the advanced features:
- Podcasting SEO settings: Utilize the Apple Podcasts features that improve the discovery of your podcasts and include the necessary meta data in your blog pages for search engines to discover.
- Embeds: Provide embeds your audience can take with them (just like YouTube embeds)
- Media size and duration detection: Enter your media URL and let the PowerPress do the rest.
- Category Podcasting: Add podcast support to your WordPress category feeds.
- Custom Podcast Channels: Distribute multiple formats (audio/video) and versions (short/full length) in their own RSS feeds.
- Taxonomy Podcasting: Create podcasts for your custom taxonomy tag names including WordPress Tags. (feature sponsored by AfterBuzzTV.com)
- Post Type Podcasting: Create podcasts for your custom post types.
- Premium Podcasting (Requires a membership plugin and/or roles and capabilities plugin to manage)
- User Role Management: Control which users in your blog can podcast. (Requires a roles and capabilities plugin to manage)
- Diagnostics: Check to see if your server is configured to support all of the available features in PowerPress.
- WordPress MultiSite: Blubrry PowerPress is compatible with WordPress MultiSite and can be extended using the Blubrry PowerPress MultiSite add-on plugin.
- *Supported syndication formats: mp3, m4a, mp4, m4v, webm, ogg, oga, ogv, wma, ra, mp4a, m4v, mp4v, mpg, asf, avi, wmv, flv, swf, mov, divx, 3gp, midi, wav, aa, pdf, torrent, m4b, m4r, epub.
*Apple Podcasts only supports MP3, M4A, MP4, M4V, PDF and ePUB.
** Spotify only supports MP3
Migrating from PodPress or other podcasting plugin?
Switching from PodPress to PowerPress is seamless. Simply enable PowerPress then disable PodPress and you’re done! PowerPress will continue where your old plugin left off by including your previously created episodes in your feeds and web pages.
Note: Advanced settings such as settings for podcast categories will need to be recreated in PowerPress.